Updated Feb 21, 2013 - 10:54 am
Suns acquire Marcus Morris for 2nd round pick
As first reported by Yahoo's Adrian Wjnarowski, the team has sent its 2013 second-round draft pick to Houston in exchange for forward Marcus Morris.
Morris, who is the twin brother of Suns forward Markieff, is averaging 8.6 points and 4.1 rebounds in 21.4 minutes per game for the Rockets. A 6-foot-9, 235 pound forward, he was selected one spot behind Markieff in the 2011 NBA Draft at 14.
"We have been intrigued for quite some time about the potential synergy from having both of the Morris twins on our team," Suns president of basketball operations Lon Babby said in a press release. "So we are excited to have the opportunity to welcome Marcus to the Suns."
He's not the only one who's excited.
"I shedded a tear or two," Morris told CSNHouston.com after finding out that he'd be reuniting with his brother in Phoenix. "I'm just happy to be back with my brother, get a chance to reunite and get going."
Morris played three seasons at Kansas, and averaged 17.2 points and 7.6 rebounds per game as a junior before declaring for the NBA Draft.
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.