Updated Feb 21, 2013 - 10:54 am
Suns acquire Marcus Morris for 2nd round pick
As first reported by Yahoo's Adrian Wjnarowski, the team has sent its 2013 second-round draft pick to Houston in exchange for forward Marcus Morris.
Morris, who is the twin brother of Suns forward Markieff, is averaging 8.6 points and 4.1 rebounds in 21.4 minutes per game for the Rockets. A 6-foot-9, 235 pound forward, he was selected one spot behind Markieff in the 2011 NBA Draft at 14.
"We have been intrigued for quite some time about the potential synergy from having both of the Morris twins on our team," Suns president of basketball operations Lon Babby said in a press release. "So we are excited to have the opportunity to welcome Marcus to the Suns."
He's not the only one who's excited.
"I shedded a tear or two," Morris told CSNHouston.com after finding out that he'd be reuniting with his brother in Phoenix. "I'm just happy to be back with my brother, get a chance to reunite and get going."
Morris played three seasons at Kansas, and averaged 17.2 points and 7.6 rebounds per game as a junior before declaring for the NBA Draft.
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 5How did the Suns beat one of the best NBA offenses?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.
- The DISH - December 3, 2013 - Tuesday December 3Jon Bloom brings us this day in Suns' history.