Updated Feb 26, 2013 - 5:31 pm
Jared Dudley: Youth can't be an excuse for Michael Beasley, team
Which means, naturally, he still has much to learn.
"With (Michael) Beasley, if Beasley has it going early you know he's going to play well," Dudley told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday. "I think he has to work on his maturity when he's not shooting the ball well and when he's not scoring.
"It's tough, and right now we don't have a good flow offensively so when he drives there's a lot of people in the paint, and sometimes he might miss a couple of easy shots and he's got to work on just because he misses shots he can still have an effect on the game."
Beasley is averaging just 10.3 points and 4.0 rebounds per game this season, and after showing signs of life in late January has struggled of late, averaging just more than four points in 12 minutes of action over the last four contests.
And as far as Dudley is concerned, Beasley's problems are as much mental as anything else.
Dudley said Beasley cannot let struggles on offense ruin the rest of his game, and while that's something many players learn over time, at some point youth is no longer a viable excuse.
"I still always think of how young he is, but we can't keep using that excuse for all of us," he said, noting his own relative youth. "This is what you are, and if you don't get it done someone else will."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.