Updated Feb 28, 2013 - 7:27 am
Jerry Colangelo: I'm not motivated to talk Coach K into coming back to Team USA
During Coach K's tenure, USA basketball has won the FIBA Americas Championship (2007), the FIBA World Championship (2010) and two Olympic gold medals (2008 and 2012).
So, what's next for the Duke coach? Life after Team USA.
Tuesday, Krzyzewski appeared on ESPN Radio's Mike & Mike and said his time with the national team was officially over.
"I've loved, loved, loved, and it's been an honor being with the USA basketball team," Krzyzewski told Mike & Mike. "And to coach the team and work with (chairman and president Jerry Colangelo) for seven years has been marvelous.
Wednesday, Colangelo was asked by Arizona Sports 620's Doug & Wolf about the possibility of Coach K moving on from his duties with Team USA, and the former Suns chairman and CEO said he's not overly concerned either way.
"He has his family, he has his university and he has his basketball program," Colangelo said.
Krzyewski is currently in the midst of his 33rd season at Duke. The Blue Devils are currently the No. 3-ranked team in the country and are poised to make a deep run in the NCAA tournament come March.
Colangelo said he has no plans to discuss the future of USA basketball with Krzyewski until Duke's season comes to a close.
"By the way, within a matter of weeks that's going to be behind us," said Colangelo. "Then we'll have that conversation and it'll be a brief one.
"I'm not, nor do I feel motivated to talk him into anything. He'll share with me what he wants to do. And I am fine either way, because I do have a Plan B and a Plan C."
Many believe San Antonio's Gregg Popovich and Boston's Doc Rivers are the odds-on favorites to replace Krzyewski as USA basketball's coach.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 12The Suns surprising run to start the season continues.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 12Al McCoy discuss the Suns big win against the Lakers and what is coming up next for the team.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 11Ryan McDonough talks about the Suns' recent success after beating the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 10How will they prepare for Kobe Bryant?
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.