Updated Feb 28, 2013 - 7:27 am
Jerry Colangelo: I'm not motivated to talk Coach K into coming back to Team USA
During Coach K's tenure, USA basketball has won the FIBA Americas Championship (2007), the FIBA World Championship (2010) and two Olympic gold medals (2008 and 2012).
So, what's next for the Duke coach? Life after Team USA.
Tuesday, Krzyzewski appeared on ESPN Radio's Mike & Mike and said his time with the national team was officially over.
"I've loved, loved, loved, and it's been an honor being with the USA basketball team," Krzyzewski told Mike & Mike. "And to coach the team and work with (chairman and president Jerry Colangelo) for seven years has been marvelous.
Wednesday, Colangelo was asked by Arizona Sports 620's Doug & Wolf about the possibility of Coach K moving on from his duties with Team USA, and the former Suns chairman and CEO said he's not overly concerned either way.
"He has his family, he has his university and he has his basketball program," Colangelo said.
Krzyewski is currently in the midst of his 33rd season at Duke. The Blue Devils are currently the No. 3-ranked team in the country and are poised to make a deep run in the NCAA tournament come March.
Colangelo said he has no plans to discuss the future of USA basketball with Krzyewski until Duke's season comes to a close.
"By the way, within a matter of weeks that's going to be behind us," said Colangelo. "Then we'll have that conversation and it'll be a brief one.
"I'm not, nor do I feel motivated to talk him into anything. He'll share with me what he wants to do. And I am fine either way, because I do have a Plan B and a Plan C."
Many believe San Antonio's Gregg Popovich and Boston's Doc Rivers are the odds-on favorites to replace Krzyewski as USA basketball's coach.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Phoenix Suns hope Eric Bledsoe ‘ready to go' next week
- Newly signed center Shavlik Randolph has close ties to Suns GM, players
- Phoenix Suns center Miles Plumlee to miss second straight game
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Basketball Operations - Thursday March 6Lon Babby talks about the Suns recent injury woes.
- The DISH - March 6, 2014 - Thursday March 6Jon Bloom takes the Suns time machine back to 2000 and a big late season victory at home.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday March 6What's the best way to prepare for games on the road?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday March 5Suns GM Ryan McDonough reacts to the team's loss to the Clippers.
- The DISH - March 4, 2013 - Tuesday March 4Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.