Updated Mar 7, 2013 - 8:09 am
Suns' Jermaine O'Neal updates daughter's condition
While his teammates struggled on the court, O'Neal was dealing with something much more important.
The 17-year veteran left the team Tuesday to be with his 13-year-old daughter, who underwent open heart surgery in Boston.
O'Neal had good news to report Thursday morning via Twitter.
Thanks to everyone for the prayers and support for my daughter and my family today! She is recovering and doing well. God is truly good!— Jermaine O'Neal (@jermaineoneal) March 7, 2013
Headed to the hotel for a couple hours of sleep now, then back to the hospital. Its been a long day mentally and physically! Goodnight!— Jermaine O'Neal (@jermaineoneal) March 7, 2013
In seven games since the All-Star break, O'Neal was averaging 12.1 points and 9.3 rebounds per contest. The Suns were 4-3 in that stretch.
He's expected to miss at least the next two games, but no specific timetable has been set for his return.
"We'll just play it by ear. Let him handle his family," Suns interim coach Lindsey Hunter said earlier this week.
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.