Updated Mar 16, 2013 - 6:11 am
Suns Strokes: Josh Smith, Hawks paste Phoenix in Atlanta
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 107-94 loss to the Hawks on March 15.
Jermaine O'Neal made his first start of the season and was rather effective at the offensive end. The veteran center finished with 18 points on 7-of-9 from the field and 4-of-4 from the free-throw line.
After his 2-of-11 performance against the Suns on March 1, Josh Smith came out with a vengeance Friday night. The Hawks forward had 17 points, 11 rebounds and seven assists in the victory.
Phoenix wasn't terribly inefficient from the field (44 percent), but Lindsey Hunter's squad continues to struggle from downtown. Friday, the Suns went 3-of-19 from behind the arc.
Marcus Morris responded from his worst game (five points) in a Suns uniform Wednesday night with an even more abysmal effort in Atlanta. The second-year forward finished with four points on 2-of-7 from the field.
• P.J. Tucker received a DNP-Coach's Decision against the Hawks. Tucker hadn't missed a game since December 9.
• Phoenix has lost three in a row on the road since its 105-101 overtime win at San Antonio on February 28.
• Before Friday night's loss to Atlanta, the Suns had won in three of their four previous trips to Phillips Arena.
The Suns will head to Washington to take on the Wizards Saturday night. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 4:00 p.m.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.