Updated Mar 16, 2013 - 6:11 am
Suns Strokes: Josh Smith, Hawks paste Phoenix in Atlanta
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 107-94 loss to the Hawks on March 15.
Jermaine O'Neal made his first start of the season and was rather effective at the offensive end. The veteran center finished with 18 points on 7-of-9 from the field and 4-of-4 from the free-throw line.
After his 2-of-11 performance against the Suns on March 1, Josh Smith came out with a vengeance Friday night. The Hawks forward had 17 points, 11 rebounds and seven assists in the victory.
Phoenix wasn't terribly inefficient from the field (44 percent), but Lindsey Hunter's squad continues to struggle from downtown. Friday, the Suns went 3-of-19 from behind the arc.
Marcus Morris responded from his worst game (five points) in a Suns uniform Wednesday night with an even more abysmal effort in Atlanta. The second-year forward finished with four points on 2-of-7 from the field.
• P.J. Tucker received a DNP-Coach's Decision against the Hawks. Tucker hadn't missed a game since December 9.
• Phoenix has lost three in a row on the road since its 105-101 overtime win at San Antonio on February 28.
• Before Friday night's loss to Atlanta, the Suns had won in three of their four previous trips to Phillips Arena.
The Suns will head to Washington to take on the Wizards Saturday night. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 4:00 p.m.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.