Updated Mar 16, 2013 - 6:11 am
Suns Strokes: Josh Smith, Hawks paste Phoenix in Atlanta
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 107-94 loss to the Hawks on March 15.
Jermaine O'Neal made his first start of the season and was rather effective at the offensive end. The veteran center finished with 18 points on 7-of-9 from the field and 4-of-4 from the free-throw line.
After his 2-of-11 performance against the Suns on March 1, Josh Smith came out with a vengeance Friday night. The Hawks forward had 17 points, 11 rebounds and seven assists in the victory.
Phoenix wasn't terribly inefficient from the field (44 percent), but Lindsey Hunter's squad continues to struggle from downtown. Friday, the Suns went 3-of-19 from behind the arc.
Marcus Morris responded from his worst game (five points) in a Suns uniform Wednesday night with an even more abysmal effort in Atlanta. The second-year forward finished with four points on 2-of-7 from the field.
• P.J. Tucker received a DNP-Coach's Decision against the Hawks. Tucker hadn't missed a game since December 9.
• Phoenix has lost three in a row on the road since its 105-101 overtime win at San Antonio on February 28.
• Before Friday night's loss to Atlanta, the Suns had won in three of their four previous trips to Phillips Arena.
The Suns will head to Washington to take on the Wizards Saturday night. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 4:00 p.m.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso