Updated Mar 16, 2013 - 6:11 am
Suns Strokes: Josh Smith, Hawks paste Phoenix in Atlanta
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 107-94 loss to the Hawks on March 15.
Jermaine O'Neal made his first start of the season and was rather effective at the offensive end. The veteran center finished with 18 points on 7-of-9 from the field and 4-of-4 from the free-throw line.
After his 2-of-11 performance against the Suns on March 1, Josh Smith came out with a vengeance Friday night. The Hawks forward had 17 points, 11 rebounds and seven assists in the victory.
Phoenix wasn't terribly inefficient from the field (44 percent), but Lindsey Hunter's squad continues to struggle from downtown. Friday, the Suns went 3-of-19 from behind the arc.
Marcus Morris responded from his worst game (five points) in a Suns uniform Wednesday night with an even more abysmal effort in Atlanta. The second-year forward finished with four points on 2-of-7 from the field.
• P.J. Tucker received a DNP-Coach's Decision against the Hawks. Tucker hadn't missed a game since December 9.
• Phoenix has lost three in a row on the road since its 105-101 overtime win at San Antonio on February 28.
• Before Friday night's loss to Atlanta, the Suns had won in three of their four previous trips to Phillips Arena.
The Suns will head to Washington to take on the Wizards Saturday night. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 4:00 p.m.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- The Pulse: Suns fans feel offseason has been 'incomplete'
- Phoenix Suns' Miles Plumlee named to 2014 USA Men's Select Team
- Phoenix Suns dig deep for shooting with Anthony Tolliver
- New Phoenix Sun Isaiah Thomas: 'I just felt wanted'
- Phoenix Suns GM Ryan McDonough: Isaiah Thomas helps achieve goal of building depth
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.