Updated Mar 16, 2013 - 6:11 am
Suns Strokes: Josh Smith, Hawks paste Phoenix in Atlanta
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 107-94 loss to the Hawks on March 15.
Jermaine O'Neal made his first start of the season and was rather effective at the offensive end. The veteran center finished with 18 points on 7-of-9 from the field and 4-of-4 from the free-throw line.
After his 2-of-11 performance against the Suns on March 1, Josh Smith came out with a vengeance Friday night. The Hawks forward had 17 points, 11 rebounds and seven assists in the victory.
Phoenix wasn't terribly inefficient from the field (44 percent), but Lindsey Hunter's squad continues to struggle from downtown. Friday, the Suns went 3-of-19 from behind the arc.
Marcus Morris responded from his worst game (five points) in a Suns uniform Wednesday night with an even more abysmal effort in Atlanta. The second-year forward finished with four points on 2-of-7 from the field.
• P.J. Tucker received a DNP-Coach's Decision against the Hawks. Tucker hadn't missed a game since December 9.
• Phoenix has lost three in a row on the road since its 105-101 overtime win at San Antonio on February 28.
• Before Friday night's loss to Atlanta, the Suns had won in three of their four previous trips to Phillips Arena.
The Suns will head to Washington to take on the Wizards Saturday night. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 4:00 p.m.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Kobe still winless after Suns beat Lakers 114-108
- Suns Strokes: Offensive outburst hands Phoenix first road win vs. Lakers since 2010
- Film study aiding defensive effort of Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker
- Phoenix Suns enjoy brief break, ready to resume playing
- Suns Strokes: Suns scrape by in win vs. Raptors
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 10How will they prepare for Kobe Bryant?
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 5How did the Suns beat one of the best NBA offenses?