Suns' Marcin Gortat has cast removed, timetable for return unchanged
His return this season remains a long shot, but Marcin Gortat did receive some positive news Monday prior to the game against the Los Angeles Lakers: he can ditch the cast.
Gortat, after a visit with the doctor, walked -- still with the aid of crutches -- into the locker room, but minus the cast he had been wearing since he was diagnosed with a Lisfranc sprain of his right foot. The cast has been replaced with a walking boot.
The change in footwear, however, has done nothing to change the timetable for how long Gortat is to be sidelined.
He's a week into what the team originally said was a three-to-four week injury; and that's before he's cleared to resume any basketball activity.
Gortat hurt the foot in the first quarter against Toronto on March 6.
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?