Suns' Marcin Gortat has cast removed, timetable for return unchanged
His return this season remains a long shot, but Marcin Gortat did receive some positive news Monday prior to the game against the Los Angeles Lakers: he can ditch the cast.
Gortat, after a visit with the doctor, walked -- still with the aid of crutches -- into the locker room, but minus the cast he had been wearing since he was diagnosed with a Lisfranc sprain of his right foot. The cast has been replaced with a walking boot.
The change in footwear, however, has done nothing to change the timetable for how long Gortat is to be sidelined.
He's a week into what the team originally said was a three-to-four week injury; and that's before he's cleared to resume any basketball activity.
Gortat hurt the foot in the first quarter against Toronto on March 6.
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 5How did the Suns beat one of the best NBA offenses?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.
- The DISH - December 3, 2013 - Tuesday December 3Jon Bloom brings us this day in Suns' history.