NYC's Met museum to open 7 days a week
NEW YORK (AP) - New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art will be open to the public 7 days a week starting July 1.
The museum is now closed on Mondays, except on holidays that fall on a Monday.
Also on July 1, the museum's opening time will be changed to 10 a.m., from the current 9:30 a.m.
The changes also apply to The Cloisters, the Met's museum of medieval art and architecture in Fort Tryon Park, in northern Manhattan.
The museum made the announcement on Thursday
Director Thomas Campbell says the decision was made to make the Met "accessible whenever visitors have the urge to experience this great museum."
The Met had a record 6.28 million visitors last year.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.