Updated Apr 2, 2013 - 12:47 pm
Suns, Lon Babby agree to two-year contract extension
The story was first reported by the Arizona Republic's Paul Coro.
"Lon has led our front office during this important transition period for the organization and he has my full support as we continue to rebuild," said Suns owner Robert Sarver in a press release.
Babby, 62, has been with the Suns since summer 2010, when he joined the team after owner Robert Sarver restructured the front office. Before that he was a player agent, having represented stars such as Grant Hill and Tim Duncan.
"I greatly appreciate the faith that Robert Sarver and the entire Suns organization have demonstrated with this new contract," said Babby in the release. "We have begun the heavy lifting needed to rebuild our team. While the transition is often painful, I am entirely confident that we are taking the necessary steps to regain elite NBA status. I fully embrace the opportunity to continue on that path."
- Phoenix Suns' Channing Frye finishes third in NBA Sportsmanship Award voting
- Suns' Hornacek on Len, Goodwin: 'We couldn't just throw them out there and hope for the best'
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.