Updated Apr 2, 2013 - 12:47 pm
Suns, Lon Babby agree to two-year contract extension
The story was first reported by the Arizona Republic's Paul Coro.
"Lon has led our front office during this important transition period for the organization and he has my full support as we continue to rebuild," said Suns owner Robert Sarver in a press release.
Babby, 62, has been with the Suns since summer 2010, when he joined the team after owner Robert Sarver restructured the front office. Before that he was a player agent, having represented stars such as Grant Hill and Tim Duncan.
"I greatly appreciate the faith that Robert Sarver and the entire Suns organization have demonstrated with this new contract," said Babby in the release. "We have begun the heavy lifting needed to rebuild our team. While the transition is often painful, I am entirely confident that we are taking the necessary steps to regain elite NBA status. I fully embrace the opportunity to continue on that path."
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset with success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?