Updated Apr 5, 2013 - 10:51 pm
Suns Strokes: Phoenix loses 'mind-boggling' game against Warriors
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 111-107 loss to the Warriors on April 5.
Goran Dragic and Michael Beasley combined to score 57 of the team's 107 points. Dragic scored 21 of his career-high tying 32 points in the first half. It was his second 30-point effort of the season and the third of his career.
Beasley scored 19 of his 25 points in the first half. It was his 12th 20-point effort of the season, the first since March 16 at Washington.
The Suns lost a season-high eighth straight game.
The Suns lost a season-high sixth straight home game.
The Suns lost for a sixth straight time to the Golden State Warriors, who swept the season series for only the second time in franchise history.
All of the above happened because the Suns fell asleep in the third quarter, getting outscored 32-14, including 25-4 during one stretch. The Suns committed 10 of their 22 turnovers in the quarter.
He Said It:
"I just stopped listening to people," Beasley explained for his recent play of a season-high tying four straight games scoring in double figures. "I'm doing what I know how to do."
What people have you stopped listening to?
"Everybody," he answered. "From my friends, from family to teammates to coaches, just everybody. I'm the one playing. I'm the one controlling my fate."
• The Suns became the first team to shoot at least 61 percent in a loss since 2005, and the first in franchise history since 1986. Interim head coach Lindsey Hunter called it "mind boggling" to shoot that well and lose.
The Suns, a half-game better than Cleveland (which defeated Boston) for the third-worst record in the league, play their second-to-last home game, hosting the New Orleans Hornets on Sunday, April 7.
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Friday April 18Does Eric Bledsoe want to spend the prime of his career with the Suns?
- Jon Barry, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 18Who is the team to beat in the East?
- Channing Frye, Suns forward - Thursday April 17Channing discusses the Suns' completed season, and what he is looking forward to in the offseason.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday April 17Lon Babby reacts to the Suns' season and talks with the guys about the optimism surrounding the org