Updated Apr 5, 2013 - 10:51 pm
Suns Strokes: Phoenix loses 'mind-boggling' game against Warriors
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 111-107 loss to the Warriors on April 5.
Goran Dragic and Michael Beasley combined to score 57 of the team's 107 points. Dragic scored 21 of his career-high tying 32 points in the first half. It was his second 30-point effort of the season and the third of his career.
Beasley scored 19 of his 25 points in the first half. It was his 12th 20-point effort of the season, the first since March 16 at Washington.
The Suns lost a season-high eighth straight game.
The Suns lost a season-high sixth straight home game.
The Suns lost for a sixth straight time to the Golden State Warriors, who swept the season series for only the second time in franchise history.
All of the above happened because the Suns fell asleep in the third quarter, getting outscored 32-14, including 25-4 during one stretch. The Suns committed 10 of their 22 turnovers in the quarter.
He Said It:
"I just stopped listening to people," Beasley explained for his recent play of a season-high tying four straight games scoring in double figures. "I'm doing what I know how to do."
What people have you stopped listening to?
"Everybody," he answered. "From my friends, from family to teammates to coaches, just everybody. I'm the one playing. I'm the one controlling my fate."
• The Suns became the first team to shoot at least 61 percent in a loss since 2005, and the first in franchise history since 1986. Interim head coach Lindsey Hunter called it "mind boggling" to shoot that well and lose.
The Suns, a half-game better than Cleveland (which defeated Boston) for the third-worst record in the league, play their second-to-last home game, hosting the New Orleans Hornets on Sunday, April 7.
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- An open letter to Eric Bledsoe
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.