Suns' Lindsey Hunter: 'I don't listen' to Michael Beasley
Michael Beasley's outspoken comments seem to be ruffling feathers once again in the Suns' organization.
Beasley, who scored 25 points on 12-of-17 shooting in the Suns' 111-107 loss to the Warriors on Friday night, said he credits his recent improved play to tuning out the people around him -- including his coaches.
"I've stopped listening to people, and I'm just doing what I know how to do," Beasley told reporters after Friday's game.
The 24-year-old forward has scored double-digits in his past four games and said that success comes from doing what he knows how to do.
"The more I listen to people, the more I got to think about," Beasley said. "So, at times, it messes me up when I'm trying to think about a thousand things at once. I just stopped listening to people and just started trusting my instincts again."
When Suns' head coach Lindsey Hunter got wind of the comments, he said it doesn't bother him because if Beasley doesn't listen, his playing time will suffer.
"I don't listen to him and we're doing our own thing," Hunter said. "It don't bother me, because you know what? If you don't listen and you don't do what I'm asking you to do on defense, you're going to sit.
"So he can say he's not listening. He's doing his own thing. No, he's doing what we're doing. It's not, 'my own thing'. No, it's what we're doing. That's all that matters."
Arizona Sports 620's Craig Grialou contributed to this report.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe: 'I'm ready to go'
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset for success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?