Suns' Lindsey Hunter: 'I don't listen' to Michael Beasley
Michael Beasley's outspoken comments seem to be ruffling feathers once again in the Suns' organization.
Beasley, who scored 25 points on 12-of-17 shooting in the Suns' 111-107 loss to the Warriors on Friday night, said he credits his recent improved play to tuning out the people around him -- including his coaches.
"I've stopped listening to people, and I'm just doing what I know how to do," Beasley told reporters after Friday's game.
The 24-year-old forward has scored double-digits in his past four games and said that success comes from doing what he knows how to do.
"The more I listen to people, the more I got to think about," Beasley said. "So, at times, it messes me up when I'm trying to think about a thousand things at once. I just stopped listening to people and just started trusting my instincts again."
When Suns' head coach Lindsey Hunter got wind of the comments, he said it doesn't bother him because if Beasley doesn't listen, his playing time will suffer.
"I don't listen to him and we're doing our own thing," Hunter said. "It don't bother me, because you know what? If you don't listen and you don't do what I'm asking you to do on defense, you're going to sit.
"So he can say he's not listening. He's doing his own thing. No, he's doing what we're doing. It's not, 'my own thing'. No, it's what we're doing. That's all that matters."
Arizona Sports 620's Craig Grialou contributed to this report.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 15Dan goes off on the Suns missing the playoffs.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday April 15Why were the Suns able to surpass early season expectations?
- The DISH - April 14, 2014 - Monday April 14Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns History.
- The DISH - April 12, 2014 - Saturday April 12Jon Bloom gives us the Day in Suns' History.
- Chris Broussard, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 11NBA insider Chris Broussard dicsusses the NBA playoff race.