Updated Apr 9, 2013 - 11:57 am
Former Suns teammates give Robin Lopez a retro black jersey
He averaged 5.8 points per game and pulled down 3.3 rebounds per contest and played in a Western Conference Finals series.
However, the one thing he didn't do -- and he missed out on the chance to do so this season -- was wear the retro, mid-90s black jersey.
Now, while some Suns fans are happy about that, Lopez, who is averaging 11.1 points, 5.4 rebounds and 1.6 blocks per game for the Hornets this season, was likely a bit disappointed. After all, the jerseys are great.
Anyway, Lopez and the Hornets were in town over the weekend for a game against the Suns (which New Orleans won 95-92), and as posted on his Instagram account, Lopez's former teammates hooked him up with a jersey.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Morris twins 'better together' for Phoenix Suns
- Suns GM McDonough not surprised by Phoenix's strong start
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe makes ESPN's list of top NBA players under 25
- Kobe still winless after Suns beat Lakers 114-108
- Suns Strokes: Offensive outburst hands Phoenix first road win vs. Lakers since 2010
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 12The Suns surprising run to start the season continues.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 12Al McCoy discuss the Suns big win against the Lakers and what is coming up next for the team.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 11Ryan McDonough talks about the Suns' recent success after beating the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 10How will they prepare for Kobe Bryant?
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.