Updated Apr 9, 2013 - 11:57 am
Former Suns teammates give Robin Lopez a retro black jersey
He averaged 5.8 points per game and pulled down 3.3 rebounds per contest and played in a Western Conference Finals series.
However, the one thing he didn't do -- and he missed out on the chance to do so this season -- was wear the retro, mid-90s black jersey.
Now, while some Suns fans are happy about that, Lopez, who is averaging 11.1 points, 5.4 rebounds and 1.6 blocks per game for the Hornets this season, was likely a bit disappointed. After all, the jerseys are great.
Anyway, Lopez and the Hornets were in town over the weekend for a game against the Suns (which New Orleans won 95-92), and as posted on his Instagram account, Lopez's former teammates hooked him up with a jersey.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.