Updated Apr 10, 2013 - 12:35 pm
Suns president: 'We'll make a quick decision' regarding Lindsey Hunter's future
The Suns have lost 10 in a row -- including four by 14 or more points -- and are essentially competing for one of the top four spots in the upcoming draft lottery over their final four games.
It's safe to say in terms of wins and losses little progress has been made (10-27) since Lindsey Hunter was tagged as the interim head coach back on January 20.
So is Hunter a shoe-in to have his tag removed this off-season?
"It's a fair question," Suns president of basketball operations Lon Babby told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday. "We're in a results business, so you have to look at the results. But I think also in fairness you have to put the results in context where we are in the season and how difficult it is to persevere, which I don't think we've fully done by any stretch of the imagination."
When pressed further on whether that meant the organization had already made a decision on Hunter's future, Babby wouldn't commit to anything.
"You can interpret (my comments) any way you want," said Babby. "I'm not going to answer one way or the other...there's plenty of time to sort it out and make the right decision and move forward."
In terms of a time frame, though, Babby was a little bit more decisive on the matter. With less than 10 days left in the season, he revealed that Hunter's future would be decided sooner rather than later.
"We will make a quick decision, but I'm not going to give you a deadline for it," said Babby. "I would say we can't afford an elongated process. I don't anticipate that we would do that.
"We might make a decision immediately or in short order after the season. To me, there's no particular moment. We've got to make a decision we're comfortable with when we're comfortable with it."
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- The Pulse: Suns fans feel offseason has been 'incomplete'
- Phoenix Suns' Miles Plumlee named to 2014 USA Men's Select Team
- Phoenix Suns dig deep for shooting with Anthony Tolliver
- New Phoenix Sun Isaiah Thomas: 'I just felt wanted'
- Phoenix Suns GM Ryan McDonough: Isaiah Thomas helps achieve goal of building depth
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.