Updated Apr 17, 2013 - 4:28 pm
Suns' Babby on offseason: 'We need to move quickly'
At least, that's what president of basketball operations Lon Babby told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Wednesday.
Pointing to the play of Goran Dragic (one of four players to average better than 14 points, 7 assists and 1.5 steals per game) as well as individual performances from players like Markieff Morris (20 points, 7 rebounds, 5 steals, 6 blocks vs. Houston), he was really just trying to put some perspective on what has been a bad season.
And, Babby admits and understands, there have not been enough positives to make this anything close to a successful season.
"Obviously the negatives outweigh the positives, and we've got to rectify that," he said.
Babby said he is "resolute" in being analytical and critical of everything he must in order to ensure the franchise improves.
That means making a decision on general manager Lance Blanks as well as interim head coach Lindsey Hunter, the latter of which he said is too important to wait on.
"Now that the season's about to end we'll conduct our year-end analysis and evaluation of every phase of the organization, and there may be changes in some areas," Babby said. "I suspect there will be an emphasis placed on stability and continuity in other areas.
"I don't want to put a deadline on decisions, but I think we need to move quickly and that's what I've said all along. I don't feel like we have a deadline, as I say, but we've got to get the coaching situation resolved as soon as possible, consistent with making sure we've covered all our bases."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns GM McDonough not surprised by Phoenix's strong start
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe makes ESPN's list of top NBA players under 25
- Kobe still winless after Suns beat Lakers 114-108
- Suns Strokes: Offensive outburst hands Phoenix first road win vs. Lakers since 2010
- Film study aiding defensive effort of Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 11Ryan McDonough talks about the Suns' recent success after beating the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 10How will they prepare for Kobe Bryant?
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.