Updated Apr 18, 2013 - 7:46 am
Suns will have one lottery selection in 2013 NBA Draft
Unfortunately, the Suns didn't receive any favors.
By virtue of the Utah Jazz's 86-70 loss to the Memphis Grizzlies, the Los Angeles Lakers clinched a spot in the postseason. Had the Lakers been left out of the playoff picture, the Suns would have claimed the rights to their 2013 lottery pick.
Phoenix will however own the Miami Heat's 30th pick in the first round.
The Suns' lottery chances also took a bit of a hit Wednesday. With the Cleveland Cavaliers' 105-98 loss to the Charlotte Bobcats, Phoenix finished in sole possession of the fourth-worst record in the NBA.
Heading into the NBA Lottery on May 21, the Suns have an 11.9 percent chance of winning the rights to the No. 1 overall pick.
In addition to their two first-round picks, the Suns will also have one selection (No. 57) in the second round.
The 2013 NBA Draft will be on June 27.
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.