Updated Apr 22, 2013 - 2:36 pm
Phoenix Suns part with GM Lance Blanks
"Lance has been a trusted friend and colleague," said Suns President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby. "I thank him personally and professionally for his hard work on behalf of the Suns. We will continue to prepare for the offseason even as we look for his replacement."
Blanks was originally hired by the team in August of 2010 after working for the Cleveland Cavaliers and San Antonio Spurs. There was one year left on his contract.
Of note, Blanks played a role in the Suns drafting Markieff Morris and Kendall Marshall, as well as the acquisitions of Michael Beasley and decision to promote Lindsey Hunter to interim head coach in January.
Who the Suns will seek to replace Blanks is not yet known, though Yahoo Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski has a name in mind:
For Suns GM job - dysfunctional franchise, cheap owner - an easy name among those who'd get more out of less: Knicks exec Mark Warkentien.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) April 22, 2013
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset with success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?