Updated Apr 24, 2013 - 2:11 pm
Suns' Dudley: 'Phoenix deserves to be a winner'
The offseason began with the organization's decision to cut ties with general manager Lance Blanks, who served three years in the position.
Interim head coach Lindsey Hunter's fate has yet to be decided, and Suns guard Jared Dudley told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf he's not too focused on it.
"Wake me up when it's over," Dudley said. "That's really how my style is. I don't do the whole rumor thing."
Dudley has been in Phoenix since 2008 and has seen the ups and downs of the Suns, but says the fans shouldn't have to.
"Phoenix deserves to be a winner -- it's always been a winner for the longest time," Dudley said. "The last couple years we've struggled and it's time for us to get back where we belong."
In order to get back to their old winning ways, Dudley says the Suns will need to play a little harder due to the lack of superstar talent.
"We're going to have to eventually become a team that plays with grit, plays unselfish," Dudley said. "I believe we can definitely become that."
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Eric Bledsoe: 'I can understand the Suns are using restricted free agency against me'
- Phoenix Suns waive guard Dionte Christmas
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.