Updated Apr 24, 2013 - 2:11 pm
Suns' Dudley: 'Phoenix deserves to be a winner'
The offseason began with the organization's decision to cut ties with general manager Lance Blanks, who served three years in the position.
Interim head coach Lindsey Hunter's fate has yet to be decided, and Suns guard Jared Dudley told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf he's not too focused on it.
"Wake me up when it's over," Dudley said. "That's really how my style is. I don't do the whole rumor thing."
Dudley has been in Phoenix since 2008 and has seen the ups and downs of the Suns, but says the fans shouldn't have to.
"Phoenix deserves to be a winner -- it's always been a winner for the longest time," Dudley said. "The last couple years we've struggled and it's time for us to get back where we belong."
In order to get back to their old winning ways, Dudley says the Suns will need to play a little harder due to the lack of superstar talent.
"We're going to have to eventually become a team that plays with grit, plays unselfish," Dudley said. "I believe we can definitely become that."
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?