Updated May 7, 2013 - 4:29 pm
Former Sun, Celtic Eddie House endorses McDonough hire
House played with the Celtics from 2007 until 2010, so he knows McDonough pretty well. In an interview with Doug and Wolf Tuesday on Arizona Sports 620, House said he thinks the Suns knocked their hire out of the park.
"I think it's a great hire," House said. "He knows his stuff man, he's one of the guys that was pushing for that (Rajon) Rondo trade -- he was the main guy. Sitting down talking with him one day, everything that Rondo is doing now, that's what he envisioned him doing when he helped get him to the Celtics."
One of McDonough's calling cards from his days as a member of the Celtics' front office was his part in landing Rondo in a draft-night trade from the Suns. The 21st overall pick in 2006 has gone on to be a four-time All-Star in Celtic green.
But House doesn't think that one trade is all McDonough has to offer.
"He's one of those guys that knows basketball, he's been around it and has had great tutelage being under (Celtics GM) Danny Ainge and just being around that whole championship feel -- it's a great hire for the Phoenix Suns. I don't see them going wrong with that at all."
McDonough replaces Lance Blanks, who was fired last month after the second-worst season in the Suns' 45-year history.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Eric Bledsoe: 'I can understand the Suns are using restricted free agency against me'
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.