Updated May 7, 2013 - 4:29 pm
Former Sun, Celtic Eddie House endorses McDonough hire
House played with the Celtics from 2007 until 2010, so he knows McDonough pretty well. In an interview with Doug and Wolf Tuesday on Arizona Sports 620, House said he thinks the Suns knocked their hire out of the park.
"I think it's a great hire," House said. "He knows his stuff man, he's one of the guys that was pushing for that (Rajon) Rondo trade -- he was the main guy. Sitting down talking with him one day, everything that Rondo is doing now, that's what he envisioned him doing when he helped get him to the Celtics."
One of McDonough's calling cards from his days as a member of the Celtics' front office was his part in landing Rondo in a draft-night trade from the Suns. The 21st overall pick in 2006 has gone on to be a four-time All-Star in Celtic green.
But House doesn't think that one trade is all McDonough has to offer.
"He's one of those guys that knows basketball, he's been around it and has had great tutelage being under (Celtics GM) Danny Ainge and just being around that whole championship feel -- it's a great hire for the Phoenix Suns. I don't see them going wrong with that at all."
McDonough replaces Lance Blanks, who was fired last month after the second-worst season in the Suns' 45-year history.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 15Dan goes off on the Suns missing the playoffs.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday April 15Why were the Suns able to surpass early season expectations?
- The DISH - April 14, 2014 - Monday April 14Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns History.
- The DISH - April 12, 2014 - Saturday April 12Jon Bloom gives us the Day in Suns' History.
- Chris Broussard, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 11NBA insider Chris Broussard dicsusses the NBA playoff race.