Updated May 7, 2013 - 4:29 pm
Former Sun, Celtic Eddie House endorses McDonough hire
House played with the Celtics from 2007 until 2010, so he knows McDonough pretty well. In an interview with Doug and Wolf Tuesday on Arizona Sports 620, House said he thinks the Suns knocked their hire out of the park.
"I think it's a great hire," House said. "He knows his stuff man, he's one of the guys that was pushing for that (Rajon) Rondo trade -- he was the main guy. Sitting down talking with him one day, everything that Rondo is doing now, that's what he envisioned him doing when he helped get him to the Celtics."
One of McDonough's calling cards from his days as a member of the Celtics' front office was his part in landing Rondo in a draft-night trade from the Suns. The 21st overall pick in 2006 has gone on to be a four-time All-Star in Celtic green.
But House doesn't think that one trade is all McDonough has to offer.
"He's one of those guys that knows basketball, he's been around it and has had great tutelage being under (Celtics GM) Danny Ainge and just being around that whole championship feel -- it's a great hire for the Phoenix Suns. I don't see them going wrong with that at all."
McDonough replaces Lance Blanks, who was fired last month after the second-worst season in the Suns' 45-year history.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.