Updated May 7, 2013 - 4:29 pm
Former Sun, Celtic Eddie House endorses McDonough hire
House played with the Celtics from 2007 until 2010, so he knows McDonough pretty well. In an interview with Doug and Wolf Tuesday on Arizona Sports 620, House said he thinks the Suns knocked their hire out of the park.
"I think it's a great hire," House said. "He knows his stuff man, he's one of the guys that was pushing for that (Rajon) Rondo trade -- he was the main guy. Sitting down talking with him one day, everything that Rondo is doing now, that's what he envisioned him doing when he helped get him to the Celtics."
One of McDonough's calling cards from his days as a member of the Celtics' front office was his part in landing Rondo in a draft-night trade from the Suns. The 21st overall pick in 2006 has gone on to be a four-time All-Star in Celtic green.
But House doesn't think that one trade is all McDonough has to offer.
"He's one of those guys that knows basketball, he's been around it and has had great tutelage being under (Celtics GM) Danny Ainge and just being around that whole championship feel -- it's a great hire for the Phoenix Suns. I don't see them going wrong with that at all."
McDonough replaces Lance Blanks, who was fired last month after the second-worst season in the Suns' 45-year history.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso