Updated May 24, 2013 - 3:27 pm
Timberwolves looking to move ahead of Suns for Oladipo?
The Phoenix Suns, who hold the fifth pick, are in an interesting spot. While they're not likely to land one of the top prospects like Kentucky's Nerlens Noel, Kansas' Ben McLemore or Georgetown's Otto Porter, but they figure to be in the right place if they're interested in someone like Indiana's Victor Oladipo.
A shooting guard, Oladipo is regarded as one of the best athletes and defenders in the draft, and would be a good fit for the rebuilding Suns.
However, according to 1500ESPN in Minnesota, the Timberwolves, who currently own the ninth selection, may be looking to move ahead of the Suns in order to take the Indiana star.
Look for new Minnesota Timberwolves president of basketball operations Flip Saunders to engage Charlotte, holders of the No. 4 pick in next month's draft, in trade talks.
According to league sources, Saunders is a big fan of Indiana guard Victor Oladipo, and the only way to get him is to move up from the ninth-spot.
Of course, the Bobcats are not the only team picking ahead of the Suns -- as the Cavaliers, Magic and Wizards make up the top three -- so anyone looking to move ahead of Phoenix will have options.
And who knows, maybe there are other prospects the Suns prefer to Oladipo anyway, so perhaps they'd welcome someone moving ahead of them and taking him.
Whatever the case, there is bound to be plenty of speculation leading up to the June 27 draft, meaning this is likely just the beginning.
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 5How did the Suns beat one of the best NBA offenses?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.
- The DISH - December 3, 2013 - Tuesday December 3Jon Bloom brings us this day in Suns' history.