Updated May 24, 2013 - 1:53 pm
Report: Alvin Gentry interested in Clippers' job
Gentry, who has already interviewed for the yet-to-be-filled Charlotte Bobcats' head coaching job, deemed the vacancy with the Clippers "the best one out there" during the on-air interview.
In addition to the aforementioned job openings with the Clippers and Bobcats, Gentry has drawn reported interest from Lakers head coach Mike D'Antoni, who wishes to hire the 59-year-old as an assistant coach. Gentry coached under D'Antoni with the Suns from 2004-2008, before taking the reins when D'Antoni left to coach the Knicks.
Prior to joining the Suns, who he was with until mid-January of last season, Gentry previously served as the Clippers' head coach from 2000-2003. In that tenure, he led the Clippers -- who had players like Elton Brand, Lamar Odom and Quentin Richardson on their roster -- to an 89-133 record.
"They need someone who can manage egos," Gentry said of the job.
League sources have told ESPNLosAngeles.com that Gentry will indeed be considered for the Clippers' position.
Gentry added, "I would love to run the team again."
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.