Updated Jun 4, 2013 - 8:29 am
Shabazz Muhammad in Phoenix for work out with Suns
UCLA prospect Shabazz Muhammad tweeted out that he had arrived in Phoenix Monday night.
Finally in phoenix, now I can sprint to my hotel and watch the rest of the game !!!!!— shabazz muhammad (@phenom15balla) June 4, 2013
Muhammad, who has been rumored as a potential fit for the Suns, is presumably in town to work out for the team.
The former UCLA guard was a McDonald's All-American coming out of Bishop Gorman High School when he chose to attend UCLA. During his only year in school, he led the Bruins in scoring with 17.9 PPG and helped the team get to the NCAA tournament.
Muhammad is projected to be a mid-to-late first round pick. He is a very proficient scorer and can play either guard or the small forward position in the NBA.
Keeping him out of the lottery is his one dimensional style of play, according to an Eastern Conference executive.
Questions about Muhammad's attitude and one-dimensional play linger. "He just doesn't do a lot of things," an Eastern Conference executive said. "If he's not a great scorer, he doesn't help you much." The Bucks ranked 21st points per possession this season, so a productive Muhammad will help.
The Suns hold the 5th and 30th picks in the NBA Draft, which is set to take place on June 27.
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.