Updated Jun 4, 2013 - 8:29 am
Shabazz Muhammad in Phoenix for work out with Suns
UCLA prospect Shabazz Muhammad tweeted out that he had arrived in Phoenix Monday night.
Finally in phoenix, now I can sprint to my hotel and watch the rest of the game !!!!!— shabazz muhammad (@phenom15balla) June 4, 2013
Muhammad, who has been rumored as a potential fit for the Suns, is presumably in town to work out for the team.
The former UCLA guard was a McDonald's All-American coming out of Bishop Gorman High School when he chose to attend UCLA. During his only year in school, he led the Bruins in scoring with 17.9 PPG and helped the team get to the NCAA tournament.
Muhammad is projected to be a mid-to-late first round pick. He is a very proficient scorer and can play either guard or the small forward position in the NBA.
Keeping him out of the lottery is his one dimensional style of play, according to an Eastern Conference executive.
Questions about Muhammad's attitude and one-dimensional play linger. "He just doesn't do a lot of things," an Eastern Conference executive said. "If he's not a great scorer, he doesn't help you much." The Bucks ranked 21st points per possession this season, so a productive Muhammad will help.
The Suns hold the 5th and 30th picks in the NBA Draft, which is set to take place on June 27.
- Phoenix Suns dig deep for shooting with Anthony Tolliver
- New Phoenix Sun Isaiah Thomas: 'I just felt wanted'
- Phoenix Suns GM Ryan McDonough: Isaiah Thomas helps achieve goal of building depth
- Phoenix Suns GM on Eric Bledsoe: 'I think he will be back at the end of the day'
- Phoenix Suns go all in on two point-guard lineups
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.
- Chris Broussard, ESPN NBA insider - Thursday July 17ESPN NBA insider Chris Broussard gives his take on Eric Bledsoe’s contract situation with the Phoeni