Updated Jun 5, 2013 - 5:52 pm
Victor Oladipo talks about his workout with the Suns
When the Suns are on the clock with the fifth selection on June 27, their number one priority should be to draft the best available player, regardless of position.
Luckily for them, they may have the perfect player fall right into their laps.
That player is 6-foot-5 guard Victor Oladipo out of Indiana. After working out with the Suns on Wednesday, Oladipo joined Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf to discuss how his workout with the Suns went.
"I feel like I did pretty good," Oladipo said. "I went out and competed and felt like I became a better player than yesterday.
"We did a lot of shooting and a little bit of competing, I enjoyed it and hope to come back."
Oladipo played three years at Indiana. His numbers improved each year in every offensive category and he developed into one of the top defenders in college basketball.
"My biggest thing I learned in college was learning to fight through adversity at Indiana," Oladipo stated on his time in Bloomington.
With the Suns in rebuilding mode, Oladipo's ability to fight through adversity could serve Phoenix well.
"The Suns have a good program on the rise," Oladipo said on how he fits with the Suns. "Their style of play fits me well and I am familiar with their coach.
"I know about him (Jeff Hornacek) well history-wise. He was a really good player in Utah and I connected with him on a personal level earlier today."
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 5How did the Suns beat one of the best NBA offenses?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.
- The DISH - December 3, 2013 - Tuesday December 3Jon Bloom brings us this day in Suns' history.