Updated Jun 6, 2013 - 5:56 pm
Michigan's Trey Burke works out for Phoenix Suns
And most of those prospects will have gone through workouts for general manager Ryan McDonough and head coach Jeff Hornacek at US Airways Center this week.
Seven more prospects were in town Thursday, including Michigan guard Trey Burke, college basketball's National Player of the Year in 2012-13.
While the six other players worked out together, Burke had an individual workout for Suns brass.
"Coach Hornacek pushed me," Burke told the media following his session. "It's tougher working out by yourself than it is with a group, but it definitely went great."
Burke, a 6-1 point guard who led the Wolverines to the NCAA Championship Game, says he'll have to get used to individual workouts. He'll be participating in similar sessions in Sacramento and New Orleans.
"I wouldn't mind competing with a group, but my agent told me that he thinks it's best for me to compete by myself," he said. "I really don't have a lot to gain by competing with others."
Despite any difficulties an individual workout can present, Burke impressed Hornacek.
"You can tell he works hard, he's got a nice shot and a great ball handle," the rookie head coach said. "In the little pick-and-rolls we did, you can tell he knows how to handle those. He's able to get around guys and he holds guys off from tape that you see."
Burke is projected to be a lottery pick, but due to the uncertain nature of this year's draft, he has no feel for where he'll end up playing pro ball.
"Anywhere from two to eight or two to nine," he said. "I really don't know. I'm pretty much in the same position as everyone else -- you really don't know until the draft or until you get some big news, so I'll keep working out and keep trying to get better.
"Wherever I go, I'm going to try to come right in, make an impact and try to help the team win."
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 5How did the Suns beat one of the best NBA offenses?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.
- The DISH - December 3, 2013 - Tuesday December 3Jon Bloom brings us this day in Suns' history.