Updated Jun 21, 2013 - 1:34 pm
ESPN: Charles Barkley's '93 playoff run one of top-50 postseason performances of all-time
It was a disappointing end to a magical season and an outstanding playoff run from that year's league MVP, Charles Barkley.
In fact, ESPN's Kevin Pelton, in an ESPN Insider piece, ranked Sir Charles' postseason effort as the 33rd-best of all-time.
The Round Mound of Rebound averaged 26.6 points, 13.6 rebounds, 4.3 assists, 1.0 blocks and 1.6 steals over the course of 24 games.
After Game 5 of the NBA Finals, Barkley told Ahmad Rashad that God wanted the Suns to beat the Chicago Bulls. Alas, neither divine intervention nor one of the best playoff efforts by a Finals loser could prevent the Bulls from completing their first three-peat. Earlier in the playoffs, Barkley hit a buzzer-beater to complete a 4-2 series win over San Antonio and came through with 44 points and 24 points in the deciding Game 7 of the Western Conference finals against Seattle, one of three 40-plus efforts from Barkley during the postseason.
Indeed, Barkley was outstanding that entire season, and while the Suns failing to win the title certainly left a sour taste in the mouths of Valley sports fans, his efforts are certainly worth recognizing.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.
- The DISH - December 3, 2013 - Tuesday December 3Jon Bloom brings us this day in Suns' history.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 3Coach says the Suns know who they are, so who are they?
- The DISH - November 29, 2013 - Friday November 29Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- The DISH - November 27, 2013 - Wednesday November 27Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.