Updated Jun 21, 2013 - 1:34 pm
ESPN: Charles Barkley's '93 playoff run one of top-50 postseason performances of all-time
It was a disappointing end to a magical season and an outstanding playoff run from that year's league MVP, Charles Barkley.
In fact, ESPN's Kevin Pelton, in an ESPN Insider piece, ranked Sir Charles' postseason effort as the 33rd-best of all-time.
The Round Mound of Rebound averaged 26.6 points, 13.6 rebounds, 4.3 assists, 1.0 blocks and 1.6 steals over the course of 24 games.
After Game 5 of the NBA Finals, Barkley told Ahmad Rashad that God wanted the Suns to beat the Chicago Bulls. Alas, neither divine intervention nor one of the best playoff efforts by a Finals loser could prevent the Bulls from completing their first three-peat. Earlier in the playoffs, Barkley hit a buzzer-beater to complete a 4-2 series win over San Antonio and came through with 44 points and 24 points in the deciding Game 7 of the Western Conference finals against Seattle, one of three 40-plus efforts from Barkley during the postseason.
Indeed, Barkley was outstanding that entire season, and while the Suns failing to win the title certainly left a sour taste in the mouths of Valley sports fans, his efforts are certainly worth recognizing.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.