Updated Jun 27, 2013 - 5:54 pm
Suns Draft Candidate: Alex Len
Alex Len - Maryland - Center
Len is a prospect whose stock has risen substantially late in the process. In fact, there are several analysts who believe that the Maryland center will be the first overall choice in Thursday's draft.
The 7-foot-1 Ukrainian earned honorable mention All-ACC and was a member of the All-ACC Defensive Team after leading the conference in blocked shots, at 2.1 per game.
Len didn't dominate offensively, averaging only 11.9 points per game (second on team) and only had two 20-point games during the 2012-13 for a Terrapins squad that went 25-13 and advanced to the semifinals of the postseason NIT.
Len Highlight Video
Scouting Report Snippets
Chad Ford of ESPN points out Len's good touch around the basket, post-passing ability and shot-blocking prowess as strengths in his game. But he adds that Len needs to get stronger, can float on both ends of the floor and questions his toughness.
Draft Express applauds Len's fundamentals, soft hands, touch and his physical profile. They cite his ability to finish in the post, footwork and his left hand as areas that need improvement.
Alex Len Scouting Video
Alex Len Combine Interview
Phoenix Suns Connection
Alex Len visited with the Suns June 5, but did not work out because he's recovering from an ankle injury.
- McDonough: Len's Maryland teammates held him back
- Babby: Alex Len was Ryan McDonough's choice
- Alex Len 2013 NBA Draft Scouting Report
- Burns: Wanted McLemore but will give Suns a chance
- Green: Len an underwhelming pick
- Suns GM : 'When Alex was there, decision was clear'
- Alex Len anxious to get to work with Suns
- Hornacek, Suns thrilled to get Alex Len
- Len's girlfriend records video from draft room
- Alex Len 2012-2013 highlights
- Reaction to Suns' selection of Alex Len
- Suns Draft Candidate: Alex Len
- Suns select C Alex Len
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.