Updated Jun 27, 2013 - 5:54 pm
Suns Draft Candidate: Alex Len
Alex Len - Maryland - Center
Len is a prospect whose stock has risen substantially late in the process. In fact, there are several analysts who believe that the Maryland center will be the first overall choice in Thursday's draft.
The 7-foot-1 Ukrainian earned honorable mention All-ACC and was a member of the All-ACC Defensive Team after leading the conference in blocked shots, at 2.1 per game.
Len didn't dominate offensively, averaging only 11.9 points per game (second on team) and only had two 20-point games during the 2012-13 for a Terrapins squad that went 25-13 and advanced to the semifinals of the postseason NIT.
Len Highlight Video
Scouting Report Snippets
Chad Ford of ESPN points out Len's good touch around the basket, post-passing ability and shot-blocking prowess as strengths in his game. But he adds that Len needs to get stronger, can float on both ends of the floor and questions his toughness.
Draft Express applauds Len's fundamentals, soft hands, touch and his physical profile. They cite his ability to finish in the post, footwork and his left hand as areas that need improvement.
Alex Len Scouting Video
Alex Len Combine Interview
Phoenix Suns Connection
Alex Len visited with the Suns June 5, but did not work out because he's recovering from an ankle injury.
- McDonough: Len's Maryland teammates held him back
- Babby: Alex Len was Ryan McDonough's choice
- Alex Len 2013 NBA Draft Scouting Report
- Burns: Wanted McLemore but will give Suns a chance
- Green: Len an underwhelming pick
- Suns GM : 'When Alex was there, decision was clear'
- Alex Len anxious to get to work with Suns
- Hornacek, Suns thrilled to get Alex Len
- Len's girlfriend records video from draft room
- Alex Len 2012-2013 highlights
- Reaction to Suns' selection of Alex Len
- Suns Draft Candidate: Alex Len
- Suns select C Alex Len
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Phoenix Suns hope Eric Bledsoe ‘ready to go' next week
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?