Updated Jul 1, 2013 - 6:39 am
Suns waive Hamed Haddadi, hold on to Shannon Brown for 2013-14
The Phoenix Suns waived the 28-year-old center this weekend -- a move that saved the team $1.2 million.
Haddadi, who was acquired in a trade that sent Sebastian Telfair to the Toronto Raptors in February 2013, averaged 4.1 points, 3.2 rebounds and 1.2 blocks during his brief stint in Phoenix.
In addition to the release of Haddadi, the Suns decided to hold onto shooting guard Shannon Brown heading into the 2013-14 season.
Brown, who averaged 10.5 points and 2.6 rebounds per game in 59 appearances last season, would have been paid half of his $3.5 million contract if he had been waived before Saturday's deadline. The 27-year-old's final year is now completely guaranteed.
- After grueling stretch, Phoenix Suns hope to make up ground in March
- Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker suspended by the NBA
- What do you want to be, Eric Bledsoe?
- Coach Jeff Hornacek: Suns 'need to get out of their comfort zone' after recent losses
- Griffin, Clippers top Suns in testy divisional affair: By the Numbers
- Dave Pasch, voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Wednesday March 12Dave Pasch explains what it is like to work with Bill Walton.
- The DISH - March 12, 2013 - Wednesday March 12Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns' History.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Tuesday March 11Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the return of Eric Bledsoe.
- Jeff Hornacek, Phoenix Suns Head Coach - Tuesday March 11Do the Suns lack toughness?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea