Updated Jul 1, 2013 - 6:39 am
Suns waive Hamed Haddadi, hold on to Shannon Brown for 2013-14
The Phoenix Suns waived the 28-year-old center this weekend -- a move that saved the team $1.2 million.
Haddadi, who was acquired in a trade that sent Sebastian Telfair to the Toronto Raptors in February 2013, averaged 4.1 points, 3.2 rebounds and 1.2 blocks during his brief stint in Phoenix.
In addition to the release of Haddadi, the Suns decided to hold onto shooting guard Shannon Brown heading into the 2013-14 season.
Brown, who averaged 10.5 points and 2.6 rebounds per game in 59 appearances last season, would have been paid half of his $3.5 million contract if he had been waived before Saturday's deadline. The 27-year-old's final year is now completely guaranteed.
- Channing Frye, Suns forward - Thursday April 17Channing discusses the Suns' completed season, and what he is looking forward to in the offseason.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday April 17Lon Babby reacts to the Suns' season and talks with the guys about the optimism surrounding the org
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday April 17What should we make of the Sunsí season?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday April 16Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the team missing the playoffs.
- The DISH - April 16, 2014 - Wednesday April 16Jon Bloom gives us The Day in Suns' History.