Updated Jul 1, 2013 - 6:39 am
Suns waive Hamed Haddadi, hold on to Shannon Brown for 2013-14
The Phoenix Suns waived the 28-year-old center this weekend -- a move that saved the team $1.2 million.
Haddadi, who was acquired in a trade that sent Sebastian Telfair to the Toronto Raptors in February 2013, averaged 4.1 points, 3.2 rebounds and 1.2 blocks during his brief stint in Phoenix.
In addition to the release of Haddadi, the Suns decided to hold onto shooting guard Shannon Brown heading into the 2013-14 season.
Brown, who averaged 10.5 points and 2.6 rebounds per game in 59 appearances last season, would have been paid half of his $3.5 million contract if he had been waived before Saturday's deadline. The 27-year-old's final year is now completely guaranteed.
- The Pulse: Suns fans feel offseason has been 'incomplete'
- Phoenix Suns' Miles Plumlee named to 2014 USA Men's Select Team
- Phoenix Suns dig deep for shooting with Anthony Tolliver
- New Phoenix Sun Isaiah Thomas: 'I just felt wanted'
- Phoenix Suns GM Ryan McDonough: Isaiah Thomas helps achieve goal of building depth
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.
- Chris Broussard, ESPN NBA insider - Thursday July 17ESPN NBA insider Chris Broussard gives his take on Eric Bledsoe’s contract situation with the Phoeni