Updated Jul 1, 2013 - 6:39 am
Suns waive Hamed Haddadi, hold on to Shannon Brown for 2013-14
The Phoenix Suns waived the 28-year-old center this weekend -- a move that saved the team $1.2 million.
Haddadi, who was acquired in a trade that sent Sebastian Telfair to the Toronto Raptors in February 2013, averaged 4.1 points, 3.2 rebounds and 1.2 blocks during his brief stint in Phoenix.
In addition to the release of Haddadi, the Suns decided to hold onto shooting guard Shannon Brown heading into the 2013-14 season.
Brown, who averaged 10.5 points and 2.6 rebounds per game in 59 appearances last season, would have been paid half of his $3.5 million contract if he had been waived before Saturday's deadline. The 27-year-old's final year is now completely guaranteed.
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.