Updated Jul 1, 2013 - 6:39 am
Suns waive Hamed Haddadi, hold on to Shannon Brown for 2013-14
The Phoenix Suns waived the 28-year-old center this weekend -- a move that saved the team $1.2 million.
Haddadi, who was acquired in a trade that sent Sebastian Telfair to the Toronto Raptors in February 2013, averaged 4.1 points, 3.2 rebounds and 1.2 blocks during his brief stint in Phoenix.
In addition to the release of Haddadi, the Suns decided to hold onto shooting guard Shannon Brown heading into the 2013-14 season.
Brown, who averaged 10.5 points and 2.6 rebounds per game in 59 appearances last season, would have been paid half of his $3.5 million contract if he had been waived before Saturday's deadline. The 27-year-old's final year is now completely guaranteed.
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe: 'I'm ready to go'
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset for success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?