Updated Jul 2, 2013 - 5:18 pm
Phoenix Suns trade Jared Dudley to Clippers for Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler
According to reports, the team has shipped forward Jared Dudley to the Los Angeles Clippers in a three-way deal involving L.A. and Milwaukee that will bring point guard Eric Bledsoe and forward Caron Butler to the Valley. Reports say the Suns are also parting with a second round draft pick.
Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler will go to the Suns, Jared Dudley and JJ Redick to the Clippers and 2 2nd-round picks to Bucks, sources tell Y— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) July 2, 2013
Bledsoe, 23, averaged 8.5 points, 3.1 assists and 3.1 rebounds per game for the Clippers last season.
Selected 18th in the 2010 draft, Bledsoe has one year left on his contract before becoming a restricted free agent. Though mostly a reserve for Los Angeles, Bledsoe averaged 14.2 points, 5.3 assists, 4.8 rebounds and 2.5 steals in 12 games as a starter last season.
Butler, 33, poured in 10.4 points and 2.9 rebounds per night last season, and has one year remaining on a contract he signed prior to the 2011-12 campaign. A two-time All-Star, he has career averages of 15.5 points and 5.4 rebounds per game.
Dudley, 27, was originally acquired from the Charlotte Bobcats during the 2008-09 season, and from there established himself as one of the better defenders and three point shooters in the NBA.
Last season, Dudley averaged 10.9 points and 3.1 rebounds per game while shooting .468 from the field and .391 from three-point range.
Lob city just got better!!! Lol— Jared Dudley (@JaredDudley619) July 2, 2013
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 12The Suns surprising run to start the season continues.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 12Al McCoy discuss the Suns big win against the Lakers and what is coming up next for the team.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 11Ryan McDonough talks about the Suns' recent success after beating the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 10How will they prepare for Kobe Bryant?
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.