Updated Jul 2, 2013 - 5:18 pm
Phoenix Suns trade Jared Dudley to Clippers for Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler
According to reports, the team has shipped forward Jared Dudley to the Los Angeles Clippers in a three-way deal involving L.A. and Milwaukee that will bring point guard Eric Bledsoe and forward Caron Butler to the Valley. Reports say the Suns are also parting with a second round draft pick.
Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler will go to the Suns, Jared Dudley and JJ Redick to the Clippers and 2 2nd-round picks to Bucks, sources tell Y— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) July 2, 2013
Bledsoe, 23, averaged 8.5 points, 3.1 assists and 3.1 rebounds per game for the Clippers last season.
Selected 18th in the 2010 draft, Bledsoe has one year left on his contract before becoming a restricted free agent. Though mostly a reserve for Los Angeles, Bledsoe averaged 14.2 points, 5.3 assists, 4.8 rebounds and 2.5 steals in 12 games as a starter last season.
Butler, 33, poured in 10.4 points and 2.9 rebounds per night last season, and has one year remaining on a contract he signed prior to the 2011-12 campaign. A two-time All-Star, he has career averages of 15.5 points and 5.4 rebounds per game.
Dudley, 27, was originally acquired from the Charlotte Bobcats during the 2008-09 season, and from there established himself as one of the better defenders and three point shooters in the NBA.
Last season, Dudley averaged 10.9 points and 3.1 rebounds per game while shooting .468 from the field and .391 from three-point range.
Lob city just got better!!! Lol— Jared Dudley (@JaredDudley619) July 2, 2013
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- An open letter to Eric Bledsoe
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.