Updated Jul 10, 2013 - 11:05 pm
Suns' Hornacek preparing to coach summer league
Phoenix Suns' first-year head coach Jeff Hornacek is ready to get his feet wet in the 2013 Las Vegas Summer League, beginning Saturday.
Hornacek, who will be coaching the games for the Suns, told Arizona Sports 620's Burns & Gambo Wednesday that preparation for the tournament has gone smoothly.
"It's been great," Hornacek said. "We've had three practices so far with the guys and just trying to put some of our early offense in, some of those things. Markieff and Marcus [Morris] are here, Kendall [Marshall], Diante [Garrett] P.J. [Tucker]. So it's great to get going with some of the stuff we'll be using in the regular season."
Hornacek said he's excited to see how his players perform once they see game action.
"These guys have worked tremendously hard these three practices, which I am encouraged by," Hornacek stated. "So it's great to get at it. We have two more days of this and then we finally get to play a few games so I think they're all looking forward to it."
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 12The Suns surprising run to start the season continues.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 12Al McCoy discuss the Suns big win against the Lakers and what is coming up next for the team.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 11Ryan McDonough talks about the Suns' recent success after beating the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 10How will they prepare for Kobe Bryant?
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.