Suns' Babby: 'Everyone got what they wanted' in blockbuster trade
The Milwaukee Bucks sent JJ Redick to the Clippers and received a second round draft pick from each team.
Suns' President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Wednesday how the trade went down.
"The idea behind the trade was having Redick do a sign and trade with Milwaukee that would allow him to go to the Clippers for more money than they could pay him," Babby stated. "The first conversation we had was with his agent that said we may be in a position to help you get him to a place he would like to be for more money.
"From the Clippers standpoint, we think we can help you get Redick and Dudley and keep your mid-level exception, so they are happy. We go to Milwaukee and say we have an approach where you don't have to lose Redick for nothing. Meanwhile, we are getting Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler, so we are happy."
This trade filled needs for all three teams involved.
The Suns added talent and "star" power with Bledsoe and a veteran leader in Butler.
The Clippers got two perimeter players who will space the floor on offense and the Bucks got a couple draft picks for a player who was leaving regardless.
"The trade was interesting because it was one of the rare trades where everyone got what they wanted," Babby said.
- Owner Robert Sarver: Phoenix Suns not trying to lowball RFA Eric Bledsoe
- An open letter to Eric Bledsoe
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- Robert Sarver, Phoenix Suns Owner - Friday August 1Phoenix Suns owner Robert Sarver joins the show to discuss Gambo's letter to Eric Bledsoe.
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.