Suns' Babby: 'Everyone got what they wanted' in blockbuster trade
The Milwaukee Bucks sent JJ Redick to the Clippers and received a second round draft pick from each team.
Suns' President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Wednesday how the trade went down.
"The idea behind the trade was having Redick do a sign and trade with Milwaukee that would allow him to go to the Clippers for more money than they could pay him," Babby stated. "The first conversation we had was with his agent that said we may be in a position to help you get him to a place he would like to be for more money.
"From the Clippers standpoint, we think we can help you get Redick and Dudley and keep your mid-level exception, so they are happy. We go to Milwaukee and say we have an approach where you don't have to lose Redick for nothing. Meanwhile, we are getting Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler, so we are happy."
This trade filled needs for all three teams involved.
The Suns added talent and "star" power with Bledsoe and a veteran leader in Butler.
The Clippers got two perimeter players who will space the floor on offense and the Bucks got a couple draft picks for a player who was leaving regardless.
"The trade was interesting because it was one of the rare trades where everyone got what they wanted," Babby said.
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?