Phoenix Suns rookie Alex Len undergoes ankle surgery
Selected out of Maryland with the fifth pick in the 2013 Draft, Len was already on crutches after undergoing surgery on his left ankle in May.
"As a precautionary measure, our medical staff determined that it would be prudent to perform surgery on Alex Len's right ankle at this time," said Suns President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby in a press release. "That surgery was successfully completed this morning.
"As part of a routine evaluation, our medical team identified the very beginnings of a stress fracture in Alex's right ankle even though Alex was entirely asymptomatic. We expect him to be available to begin the season."
Len, 20, averaged 11.9 points, 7.8 rebounds and 2.1 blocks per game last season for the Terrapins.
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Phoenix Suns hope Eric Bledsoe ‘ready to go' next week
- Newly signed center Shavlik Randolph has close ties to Suns GM, players
- Phoenix Suns center Miles Plumlee to miss second straight game
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Basketball Operations - Thursday March 6Lon Babby talks about the Suns recent injury woes.
- The DISH - March 6, 2014 - Thursday March 6Jon Bloom takes the Suns time machine back to 2000 and a big late season victory at home.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday March 6What's the best way to prepare for games on the road?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday March 5Suns GM Ryan McDonough reacts to the team's loss to the Clippers.
- The DISH - March 4, 2013 - Tuesday March 4Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.