Phoenix Suns rookie Alex Len undergoes ankle surgery
Selected out of Maryland with the fifth pick in the 2013 Draft, Len was already on crutches after undergoing surgery on his left ankle in May.
"As a precautionary measure, our medical staff determined that it would be prudent to perform surgery on Alex Len's right ankle at this time," said Suns President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby in a press release. "That surgery was successfully completed this morning.
"As part of a routine evaluation, our medical team identified the very beginnings of a stress fracture in Alex's right ankle even though Alex was entirely asymptomatic. We expect him to be available to begin the season."
Len, 20, averaged 11.9 points, 7.8 rebounds and 2.1 blocks per game last season for the Terrapins.
- Channing Frye, Suns forward - Thursday April 17Channing discusses the Suns' completed season, and what he is looking forward to in the offseason.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday April 17Lon Babby reacts to the Suns' season and talks with the guys about the optimism surrounding the org
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday April 17What should we make of the Sunsí season?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday April 16Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the team missing the playoffs.
- The DISH - April 16, 2014 - Wednesday April 16Jon Bloom gives us The Day in Suns' History.