But I admit, I'm reaching for the Depends on Alex Len. In the very mortal words of Lane Staley, Scary is on the wall…scary is on his way.
Although the Suns firmly believe there will not be any issues from Len having two surgeries in two months to fix partial or preventative stress fractures in his feet, it makes me very leery.
At 7'1" and 255-pounds, with sweet feet, Alex Len is a specimen and has all the tools to grow into being a fine NBA center. The Suns believe he will be a huge part of an eventual turnaround here in the Basin and Ryan McDonough has done nothing to make me question his judgment, conviction and expertise.
But the kid is 20 years old. He's still growing. When you're talking about stress fractures in the ankles it causes consternation for even the optimist. The Suns are blessed to have an excellent trainer in Aaron Nelson and he has worked wonders for many Suns like Grant Hill and Shaquille O'Neal, but every man has his limitations.
I have never seen a 20-year-old with injury issues not have injury issues at 25 or 30. And that is a little scary. I'm not ready for the Depends, but pass the Imodium A-D, please.
Ron Wolfley, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle to enter NBA draft
- Jeff Hornacek: We got it back to Phoenix Suns basketball
- Suns' Jeff Hornacek finishes behind Spurs' Gregg Popovich in Coach of the Year voting
- Phoenix Suns' vocal, emotional leader P.J. Tucker wants to return
- Suns analyst: Team would benefit from veteran experience, clutch performer
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Friday April 18Does Eric Bledsoe want to spend the prime of his career with the Suns?