But I admit, I'm reaching for the Depends on Alex Len. In the very mortal words of Lane Staley, Scary is on the wall…scary is on his way.
Although the Suns firmly believe there will not be any issues from Len having two surgeries in two months to fix partial or preventative stress fractures in his feet, it makes me very leery.
At 7'1" and 255-pounds, with sweet feet, Alex Len is a specimen and has all the tools to grow into being a fine NBA center. The Suns believe he will be a huge part of an eventual turnaround here in the Basin and Ryan McDonough has done nothing to make me question his judgment, conviction and expertise.
But the kid is 20 years old. He's still growing. When you're talking about stress fractures in the ankles it causes consternation for even the optimist. The Suns are blessed to have an excellent trainer in Aaron Nelson and he has worked wonders for many Suns like Grant Hill and Shaquille O'Neal, but every man has his limitations.
I have never seen a 20-year-old with injury issues not have injury issues at 25 or 30. And that is a little scary. I'm not ready for the Depends, but pass the Imodium A-D, please.
Ron Wolfley, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset with success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?