Phoenix Suns to play Golden State for Summer League crown
But they could win a different kind of title Monday.
The Suns will take on the Golden State Warriors for the first-ever championship of the Las Vegas Summer League.
Phoenix (6-0) advanced to the title game with a 91-89 win over the Miami Heat Sunday at Thomas and Mack Center. Markieff Morris hit a driving shot with 21.8 seconds to go to break a 89-89 tie and send the Suns to the championship game.
P.J. Tucker paced Phoenix with 19 points.
"We're here, we might as well try to win it," Tucker told NBA TV following the game.
The Suns take on the Warriors Monday night at 6:00 p.m. for the Summer League crown.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 15Dan goes off on the Suns missing the playoffs.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday April 15Why were the Suns able to surpass early season expectations?
- The DISH - April 14, 2014 - Monday April 14Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns History.
- The DISH - April 12, 2014 - Saturday April 12Jon Bloom gives us the Day in Suns' History.
- Chris Broussard, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 11NBA insider Chris Broussard dicsusses the NBA playoff race.