ESPN: As of now, Phoenix Suns are worst team in the West
And to their credit, most people think new general manager Ryan McDonough and head coach Jeff Hornacek have done a good job.
However, that does not mean the Suns are projected to get back into the postseason for the first time since 2010.
In fact, ESPN.com's Kevin Pelton, in an Insider piece, ranked the Suns 15th -- in the Western Conference -- in his July Power Rankings.
After years of resisting, the Suns finally committed to a rebuild during last season. Dealing for Eric Bledsoe and drafting Alex Len improves the team's talent, which was rated dead last in Insider's most recent Future Power Rankings.
For now, though, Len is coming back from surgery on both ankles, and Bledsoe will play with Goran Dragic in the backcourt. Phoenix is the odds-on favorite to finish last in the Western Conference and add another talented prospect to the core in next year's draft.
While no fan really wants to see their team be terrible, there are some who believe there will be franchise-altering players available in next year's draft, so being able to select one would not be a bad consolation prize.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Phoenix Suns' Channing Frye finishes third in NBA Sportsmanship Award voting
- Suns' Hornacek on Len, Goodwin: 'We couldn't just throw them out there and hope for the best'
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.