ESPN: As of now, Phoenix Suns are worst team in the West
And to their credit, most people think new general manager Ryan McDonough and head coach Jeff Hornacek have done a good job.
However, that does not mean the Suns are projected to get back into the postseason for the first time since 2010.
In fact, ESPN.com's Kevin Pelton, in an Insider piece, ranked the Suns 15th -- in the Western Conference -- in his July Power Rankings.
After years of resisting, the Suns finally committed to a rebuild during last season. Dealing for Eric Bledsoe and drafting Alex Len improves the team's talent, which was rated dead last in Insider's most recent Future Power Rankings.
For now, though, Len is coming back from surgery on both ankles, and Bledsoe will play with Goran Dragic in the backcourt. Phoenix is the odds-on favorite to finish last in the Western Conference and add another talented prospect to the core in next year's draft.
While no fan really wants to see their team be terrible, there are some who believe there will be franchise-altering players available in next year's draft, so being able to select one would not be a bad consolation prize.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- An open letter to Eric Bledsoe
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.