ESPN: As of now, Phoenix Suns are worst team in the West
And to their credit, most people think new general manager Ryan McDonough and head coach Jeff Hornacek have done a good job.
However, that does not mean the Suns are projected to get back into the postseason for the first time since 2010.
In fact, ESPN.com's Kevin Pelton, in an Insider piece, ranked the Suns 15th -- in the Western Conference -- in his July Power Rankings.
After years of resisting, the Suns finally committed to a rebuild during last season. Dealing for Eric Bledsoe and drafting Alex Len improves the team's talent, which was rated dead last in Insider's most recent Future Power Rankings.
For now, though, Len is coming back from surgery on both ankles, and Bledsoe will play with Goran Dragic in the backcourt. Phoenix is the odds-on favorite to finish last in the Western Conference and add another talented prospect to the core in next year's draft.
While no fan really wants to see their team be terrible, there are some who believe there will be franchise-altering players available in next year's draft, so being able to select one would not be a bad consolation prize.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Phoenix Suns hope Eric Bledsoe ‘ready to go' next week
- Newly signed center Shavlik Randolph has close ties to Suns GM, players
- Phoenix Suns center Miles Plumlee to miss second straight game
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Basketball Operations - Thursday March 6Lon Babby talks about the Suns recent injury woes.
- The DISH - March 6, 2014 - Thursday March 6Jon Bloom takes the Suns time machine back to 2000 and a big late season victory at home.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday March 6What's the best way to prepare for games on the road?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday March 5Suns GM Ryan McDonough reacts to the team's loss to the Clippers.
- The DISH - March 4, 2013 - Tuesday March 4Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.