Updated Jul 29, 2013 - 8:26 pm
Suns GM: Players acquired in Luis Scola deal can contribute next year
While most of the focus on the Suns' return centered around the pick -- which would give the team up to three first-round selections in the 2014 NBA Draft -- general manager Ryan McDonough told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo that he's also excited about what Green and Plumlee can bring to the roster in the short term.
"Miles Plumlee looked very good for the Pacers Summer League for the second year in a row," McDonough said. "He's a good rebounder going back to his days at Duke.
"I like his character, rebounding and athleticism and think he will fit right in."
Plumlee was the 26th overall pick in the first round by the Pacers in the 2012 NBA Draft, but only played in 14 games for a veteran-laden team that was one win away from reaching the NBA Finals.
Green, the other player the Suns received in the three-player deal, was also a victim of the Pacers' depth.
The sixth-veteran appeared in only nine of the team's 19 playoff games, but did average seven points a game during the regular season.
"We (Celtics) drafted him in summer of 2005," McDonough said. "He always had athleticism and scoring ability, but needed to mature, which he has.
"He had a very good year with the Nets two years ago, but didn't play well last year with the Pacers, which I think was a product of the system. An exciting athlete that can run shoot and jump. So yes, both guys can play significant roles next year."
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic named NBA's Most Improved Player
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle to enter NBA draft
- Jeff Hornacek: We got it back to Phoenix Suns basketball
- Suns' Jeff Hornacek finishes behind Spurs' Gregg Popovich in Coach of the Year voting
- Phoenix Suns' vocal, emotional leader P.J. Tucker wants to return
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.