Updated Jul 29, 2013 - 8:26 pm
Suns GM: Players acquired in Luis Scola deal can contribute next year
While most of the focus on the Suns' return centered around the pick -- which would give the team up to three first-round selections in the 2014 NBA Draft -- general manager Ryan McDonough told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo that he's also excited about what Green and Plumlee can bring to the roster in the short term.
"Miles Plumlee looked very good for the Pacers Summer League for the second year in a row," McDonough said. "He's a good rebounder going back to his days at Duke.
"I like his character, rebounding and athleticism and think he will fit right in."
Plumlee was the 26th overall pick in the first round by the Pacers in the 2012 NBA Draft, but only played in 14 games for a veteran-laden team that was one win away from reaching the NBA Finals.
Green, the other player the Suns received in the three-player deal, was also a victim of the Pacers' depth.
The sixth-veteran appeared in only nine of the team's 19 playoff games, but did average seven points a game during the regular season.
"We (Celtics) drafted him in summer of 2005," McDonough said. "He always had athleticism and scoring ability, but needed to mature, which he has.
"He had a very good year with the Nets two years ago, but didn't play well last year with the Pacers, which I think was a product of the system. An exciting athlete that can run shoot and jump. So yes, both guys can play significant roles next year."
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.