Updated Jul 29, 2013 - 8:26 pm
Suns GM: Players acquired in Luis Scola deal can contribute next year
While most of the focus on the Suns' return centered around the pick -- which would give the team up to three first-round selections in the 2014 NBA Draft -- general manager Ryan McDonough told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo that he's also excited about what Green and Plumlee can bring to the roster in the short term.
"Miles Plumlee looked very good for the Pacers Summer League for the second year in a row," McDonough said. "He's a good rebounder going back to his days at Duke.
"I like his character, rebounding and athleticism and think he will fit right in."
Plumlee was the 26th overall pick in the first round by the Pacers in the 2012 NBA Draft, but only played in 14 games for a veteran-laden team that was one win away from reaching the NBA Finals.
Green, the other player the Suns received in the three-player deal, was also a victim of the Pacers' depth.
The sixth-veteran appeared in only nine of the team's 19 playoff games, but did average seven points a game during the regular season.
"We (Celtics) drafted him in summer of 2005," McDonough said. "He always had athleticism and scoring ability, but needed to mature, which he has.
"He had a very good year with the Nets two years ago, but didn't play well last year with the Pacers, which I think was a product of the system. An exciting athlete that can run shoot and jump. So yes, both guys can play significant roles next year."
- Suns GM McDonough not surprised by Phoenix's strong start
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe makes ESPN's list of top NBA players under 25
- Kobe still winless after Suns beat Lakers 114-108
- Suns Strokes: Offensive outburst hands Phoenix first road win vs. Lakers since 2010
- Film study aiding defensive effort of Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 12Al McCoy discuss the Suns big win against the Lakers and what is coming up next for the team.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 11Ryan McDonough talks about the Suns' recent success after beating the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 10How will they prepare for Kobe Bryant?
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.