Players love the new Phoenix Suns uniforms
Since their inception in 1968, the players on the court have fashioned only three different uniform styles.
Thursday night in Scottsdale, the Suns unveiled their new threads -- only their fourth uniform in their 45-year history. The players who strutted on the catwalk were unanimous in their praise of the team's new look.
"They're not really flashy, not too much. They're kind of old school," rookie center Alex Len said. "They're really classy, so I really like them."
Len wore the Suns' new home white jersey, which doesn't feature the franchise's staple color, purple. It's the first home uniform in team history not to have purple.
But the team also rolled out a new purple road jersey and the alternate orange sleeved jersey, an invention by adidas, the official uniform supplier of the NBA.
"I think we've got some of the best colors in the league," said forward P.J. Tucker, who modeled the purple jersey. "Now they've incorporated a little more black into them and the sleeved jerseys, I like them. It's pretty cool."
The Suns will be one of a handful of teams to wear the sleeved alternates in 2012-13. They'll start wearing them for Friday night home games beginning in January. The sleeves, which the Golden State Warriors featured a few times last season, are not a fan favorite, but they don't bother Tucker.
"I know a lot of guys don't like the sleeves, but I love the sleeves," he said. "More from a fan perspective, older people, younger kids, they don't really wear jerseys all the time. The shorter sleeves are kind of cool and the material is pretty soft, so I think people will like it."
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.