Updated Sep 7, 2013 - 2:44 pm
Miami Heat considering bringing back former Suns forward Michael Beasley
Yahoo! Sports reports the defending champion Miami Heat is considering bringing back the troubled Kansas State product.
Several of the Heat's key veteran players are supportive of the signing of Beasley, and he has a strong interest in returning to the franchise responsible for taking him with the second overall pick in the 2008 NBA draft, sources told Yahoo.
No offer has been made and no deal is considered imminent, sources said.
Miami is looking for a forward to replace Mike Miller, whom the team amnestied this summer.
Beasley averaged just 10.1 points and 3.1 rebounds in 75 games last season with Phoenix. His 20:43 minutes of playing time per game was the lowest of his five-year career. The 6-foot-10 forward averaged 14.3 points and 5.9 rebounds per game in his first two seasons in the league, both with Miami.
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.