Updated Sep 16, 2013 - 7:03 pm
NBA releases top 10 highlights of Phoenix Suns' 2012-13 season
It wasn't without its moments, however. There were the two home wins in late January over the Los Angeles teams (Lakers and Clippers); there was another home win over the Lakers (23-point blowout) on Mar. 18; on Dec. 12, 2012, Goran Dragic made a game-winning flip shot at home against the Memphis Grizzlies; and there was the come-from-behind road win in overtime over the San Antonio Spurs on Feb. 27, in which Jermaine O'Neal turned back the clock at least 10 years, making key play after key play.
The NBA has released its top 10 Suns plays of last year on both its website and YouTube account. In the video, you'll see quite a few Dragic passes between a defender's legs, several Marcin Gortat dunks and a few highlights from now-departed Suns, such as Jared Dudley, Michael Beasley and Wesley Johnson.
Perhaps the most meaningful play -- in the context of a game -- happened in the aforementioned San Antonio contest: O'Neal grabbed a Manu Ginobili missed free throw and fired an almost full-court pass to Johnson, who turned around and made a three at the buzzer to send the game into overtime.
See where that play lands in NBA.com's list:
- Phoenix Suns' Bogdan Bogdanovic puts it in writing that he will stay in Europe for at least one more season
- Alex Oriakhi gets 2nd chance with Phoenix Suns at Summer League
- Report: LeBron James narrows final choices down to Cavaliers and Heat, Suns on the outside
- The Pulse: Fans think the Suns should replace Channing Frye via trade or free agent signing
- ESPN insider: Suns have assets to offer but maintain slim chance of landing LeBron James
- Amin Elhassan, ESPN NBA insider - Tuesday July 8ESPN NBA insider Amin Elhassan describes Phoenix’s appeal to LeBron James.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday July 8Are the Suns really in contention for LeBron James?
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Tuesday July 8AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the Suns’ role in free agency.
- Bickley Blast - Monday July 7Will LeBron James consider his legacy when deciding where will he will sign this offseason?
- Tom Haberstroh- ESPN.com NBA analyst - Wednesday July 2Haverstroh thinks Eric Bledsoe will be back in the Valley to play for the Suns next season.