Former Suns center Hamed Haddadi to play in China
HoopsRumors reports the Iranian big man has signed a contract worth approximately $1.3 million USD. He apparently drew interest from the New York Knicks over the summer, but was passed over in favor of former Kansas standout Cole Aldrich.
Haddadi put up 4.1 points and 5.1 rebounds in 13.8 minutes per game in 17 contests with the Suns last year after he was acquired from Toronto. He became somewhat of a fan favorite for his powerful left-handed dunks and the "Who's Your Haddadi" slogan inspired by his surname.
The 28-year-old center's new team, the Blue Whales, played in China's National Basketball League last year, but is expected to be promoted to the Chinese Basketball Association for the coming season. Sichuan also bolstered its team with a recent signing of former NBA point guard Jonny Flynn.
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.