Former Suns center Hamed Haddadi to play in China
HoopsRumors reports the Iranian big man has signed a contract worth approximately $1.3 million USD. He apparently drew interest from the New York Knicks over the summer, but was passed over in favor of former Kansas standout Cole Aldrich.
Haddadi put up 4.1 points and 5.1 rebounds in 13.8 minutes per game in 17 contests with the Suns last year after he was acquired from Toronto. He became somewhat of a fan favorite for his powerful left-handed dunks and the "Who's Your Haddadi" slogan inspired by his surname.
The 28-year-old center's new team, the Blue Whales, played in China's National Basketball League last year, but is expected to be promoted to the Chinese Basketball Association for the coming season. Sichuan also bolstered its team with a recent signing of former NBA point guard Jonny Flynn.
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.