Updated Sep 29, 2013 - 2:16 pm
Phoenix Suns sign swingman James Nunnally, enter training camp with 18 players
The 6-foot-7 swingman went undrafted in 2012 but played last season with the Bakersfield Jam, the Suns' Development League affiliate, where he averaged 10.3 points per game.
Nunnally played for the Miami Heat in the 2013 Las Vegas Summer League, averaging 13 points and shooting 57.7 percent from the field. He also shot a whopping 63 percent on three-pointers in Las Vegas. In a game against the Suns, the sharpshooter put up 24 points (21 of which came in the second half) and went five-for-six from downtown.
The 23-year-old Nunnally played four years at UC Santa Barbara, averaging 13.7 points and 5.2 rebounds in his college career.
The Suns now have 18 players on their roster. Training camp begins Tuesday in Flagstaff, Ariz.
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 5How did the Suns beat one of the best NBA offenses?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.