Updated Sep 29, 2013 - 2:16 pm
Phoenix Suns sign swingman James Nunnally, enter training camp with 18 players
The 6-foot-7 swingman went undrafted in 2012 but played last season with the Bakersfield Jam, the Suns' Development League affiliate, where he averaged 10.3 points per game.
Nunnally played for the Miami Heat in the 2013 Las Vegas Summer League, averaging 13 points and shooting 57.7 percent from the field. He also shot a whopping 63 percent on three-pointers in Las Vegas. In a game against the Suns, the sharpshooter put up 24 points (21 of which came in the second half) and went five-for-six from downtown.
The 23-year-old Nunnally played four years at UC Santa Barbara, averaging 13.7 points and 5.2 rebounds in his college career.
The Suns now have 18 players on their roster. Training camp begins Tuesday in Flagstaff, Ariz.
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 15Dan goes off on the Suns missing the playoffs.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday April 15Why were the Suns able to surpass early season expectations?
- The DISH - April 14, 2014 - Monday April 14Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns History.
- The DISH - April 12, 2014 - Saturday April 12Jon Bloom gives us the Day in Suns' History.
- Chris Broussard, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 11NBA insider Chris Broussard dicsusses the NBA playoff race.