Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe makes big jump in ESPN's yearly player rankings
The jump is significant for Bledsoe; he came in at No. 122 a year earlier. Of course, no longer having to play behind Chris Paul in Los Angeles could do that to you. Bledsoe is expected to have a breakout season with his new team. He has a chance to become the team's star player, as evidenced by already being ranked higher than any other Sun.
Gortat fell 30 spots from where he was ranked a year earlier. He saw a dip in points after no longer having Steve Nash to run the pick-and-roll with him; he also missed the last two months of the season. Combine those factors with the fact he could be the subject of trade rumors and have the No. 5 pick of the draft, Alex Len, vying for playing time this season, and the Polish Hammer's standing in the league isn't as esteemed as it once was. Ironically, Gortat came in one spot ahead of Nash in this year's rankings.
Suns guard Goran Dragic fell out of the top 100 this year, coming in at No. 107; he was No. 83 heading into the 2012-13 season. Although he was one of the team's only bright spots in a year that saw them go 25-57, he seems to have fallen in the rankings largely due to the Suns' acquisition of Bledsoe, who may share point guard duties with him this season.
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Suns' Babby: No matter how season ends, it has been a wild success
- Phoenix Suns lack 'sense of urgency' and are playing their worst defense of the year
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe responds well to first game, may start at Boston
- Al McCoy: Suns' struggles trace back to All-Star break
- Suns' Goran Dragic: 'Our defense is not good'
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi - Friday March 14Steve Smith sounds off
- The DISH - March 14, 2014 - Friday March 14Jon Bloom gives you This Day in Suns History
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Basketball Operations - Thursday March 13Lon Babby discusses the Suns' playoff push with 18 games to go.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday March 13Who is the heart and soul of the Suns?
- David Griffin, Cleveland Cavaliers interim GM - Wednesday March 12David Griffin discusses the surprising season the Phoenix Suns are enjoying.