Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe makes big jump in ESPN's yearly player rankings
The jump is significant for Bledsoe; he came in at No. 122 a year earlier. Of course, no longer having to play behind Chris Paul in Los Angeles could do that to you. Bledsoe is expected to have a breakout season with his new team. He has a chance to become the team's star player, as evidenced by already being ranked higher than any other Sun.
Gortat fell 30 spots from where he was ranked a year earlier. He saw a dip in points after no longer having Steve Nash to run the pick-and-roll with him; he also missed the last two months of the season. Combine those factors with the fact he could be the subject of trade rumors and have the No. 5 pick of the draft, Alex Len, vying for playing time this season, and the Polish Hammer's standing in the league isn't as esteemed as it once was. Ironically, Gortat came in one spot ahead of Nash in this year's rankings.
Suns guard Goran Dragic fell out of the top 100 this year, coming in at No. 107; he was No. 83 heading into the 2012-13 season. Although he was one of the team's only bright spots in a year that saw them go 25-57, he seems to have fallen in the rankings largely due to the Suns' acquisition of Bledsoe, who may share point guard duties with him this season.
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Kings color commentator Fat Lever: Phoenix 'is a perfect fit' for Isaiah Thomas
- New Phoenix Suns point guard Isaiah Thomas: By The Numbers
- Phoenix Suns acquire RFA Isaiah Thomas in sign-and-trade deal with Sacramento Kings
- 'Competitive' Mike Longabardi takes the reins of Phoenix Suns' Summer League team
- Report: 'Stars now align' for Luol Deng to land with Phoenix Suns
- Fat Lever- Former Sacramento Kings Director of Player Development - Friday July 11Former Sacramento Kings Director of Player Development Fat Lever believes Isaiah Thomas will be a go
- Jeff Phelps- Cavs TV Host - Friday July 11Cavs TV host Jeff Phelps describes the reaction in Cleveland to LeBron returning home.
- Ken Carman, radio host, 92.3 The Fan in Cleveland - Friday July 11Ken Carman, radio host, 92.3 The Fan in Cleveland, gives a local perspective on LeBron Jamesí return
- Charles Barkley, TNT NBA analyst - Friday July 11TNT NBA analyst Charles Barkley gives his take on LeBron Jamesí return to Cleveland.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 11What does it mean for LeBron James to return to Cleveland?