Charles Barkley questions how Goran Dragic and Eric Bledsoe fit together
A guest of Arizona Sports 620's Bickley with Marotta Tuesday, the Hall of Famer and TNT NBA analyst said any excitement over the acquisition of the former Clipper must be tempered because the two may not fit together.
"I'm not sure if he's a one or a two," Barkley said. "They're both, really to me, neither one of them is a point guard, to be honest with you."
Dragic started at point guard for the Suns last season, and finished the campaign averaging 14.7 points and 7.4 assists per night. He was especially good after the All-Star break, posting averages of 16.1 points and 9.5 assists per game.
Bledsoe, on the other hand, backed up Chris Paul in Los Angeles, averaging 8.5 points and 3.1 assists per game in the process. In 12 starts, he posted a line of 14.2 points, 5.3 assists per contest.
The Suns' plan seems to pair up the 6-foot-4 Dragic with the 6-foot-1 Bledsoe, with each taking turns as the "point guard" in the team's offense.
"I think that's going to cause two problems," Barkley continued. "Number one, I think they're both small, that's going to really hurt them on the defensive end.
"I'm not sure they can play together, to be honest with you. They're both really two guards, they both need the ball."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- The Pulse: Fans not sure how Isaiah Thomas fits with Suns
- Phoenix Suns center Alex Len to miss the rest of Summer League with finger injury
- Phoenix Suns rookie T.J. Warren shines in first Summer League outing
- ESPN Insider gives Suns B+ for Isaiah Thomas trade
- Kings color commentator Fat Lever: Phoenix 'is a perfect fit' for Isaiah Thomas
- Fat Lever- Former Sacramento Kings Director of Player Development - Friday July 11Former Sacramento Kings Director of Player Development Fat Lever believes Isaiah Thomas will be a go
- Jeff Phelps- Cavs TV Host - Friday July 11Cavs TV host Jeff Phelps describes the reaction in Cleveland to LeBron returning home.
- Ken Carman, radio host, 92.3 The Fan in Cleveland - Friday July 11Ken Carman, radio host, 92.3 The Fan in Cleveland, gives a local perspective on LeBron James’ return
- Charles Barkley, TNT NBA analyst - Friday July 11TNT NBA analyst Charles Barkley gives his take on LeBron James’ return to Cleveland.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 11What does it mean for LeBron James to return to Cleveland?