Phoenix Suns rally past Denver Nuggets for 98-79 win
Gerald Green added 19 points and Markieff Morris 12 for the Suns, who wrapped up exhibition play with a 5-2 mark. Phoenix opens the regular season by hosting Portland next Wednesday.
Anthony Randolph had 15 points for the Nuggets (2-4), who conclude exhibition play Friday at Chicago. The Nuggets led most of the way before being outscored 38-14 in the fourth quarter. They were missing five players because of injuries, including Kenneth Faried (hamstring) and Wilson Chandler (hamstring).
The Suns scored the first seven points of the fourth, taking their first lead of the night, 67-65, on a layup by Bledsoe. With about 3-1/2 minutes left, the Suns extended their lead to 87-77, keyed by successive baskets by Channing Frye and Green.
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Friday April 18Does Eric Bledsoe want to spend the prime of his career with the Suns?
- Jon Barry, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 18Who is the team to beat in the East?
- Channing Frye, Suns forward - Thursday April 17Channing discusses the Suns' completed season, and what he is looking forward to in the offseason.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday April 17Lon Babby reacts to the Suns' season and talks with the guys about the optimism surrounding the org