Phoenix Suns rally past Denver Nuggets for 98-79 win
Gerald Green added 19 points and Markieff Morris 12 for the Suns, who wrapped up exhibition play with a 5-2 mark. Phoenix opens the regular season by hosting Portland next Wednesday.
Anthony Randolph had 15 points for the Nuggets (2-4), who conclude exhibition play Friday at Chicago. The Nuggets led most of the way before being outscored 38-14 in the fourth quarter. They were missing five players because of injuries, including Kenneth Faried (hamstring) and Wilson Chandler (hamstring).
The Suns scored the first seven points of the fourth, taking their first lead of the night, 67-65, on a layup by Bledsoe. With about 3-1/2 minutes left, the Suns extended their lead to 87-77, keyed by successive baskets by Channing Frye and Green.
- Phoenix Suns' Channing Frye finishes third in NBA Sportsmanship Award voting
- Suns' Hornacek on Len, Goodwin: 'We couldn't just throw them out there and hope for the best'
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.