Suns exercise options on Morris twins, Plumlee
Markieff Morris, the Suns' first-round pick in the 2011 draft, has averaged almost eight points and five rebounds in 145 games. The Suns traded for his twin brother, Marcus Morris, midway through last season, and he averaged 5.7 points in 23 games with Phoenix.
Phoenix acquired Plumlee this summer in a trade with the Indiana Pacers for forward Luis Scola that also sent Gerald Green and a lottery-protected first-round pick to the Suns. Plumlee played 14 games as a rookie, averaging less than a point per game, though he averaged 6.4 points, 4.6 rebounds and 1.1 blocks with the Suns this preseason.
The Suns open the 2013 season Wednesday against the Portland Trailblazers with a 7 p.m. tipoff at U.S. Airways Center.
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.