Report: Phoenix Suns, Eric Bledsoe fail to come to terms by extension deadline
Restricted free agent.
According to Arizona Sports 620's John Gambadoro, Bledsoe and the Suns failed to come to an agreement on a new contract extension by Thursday's league-mandated 9:00 p.m. MST deadline.
Bledsoe, who was acquired by Phoenix in a three-team trade with the Los Angeles Clippers and Milwaukee Bucks back in July 2013, automatically becomes a restricted free agent at the end of the 2013-14 season, however the Suns can match any team's qualifying offer.
In the Suns' 104-91 victory over the Portland Trail Blazers Wednesday night, Bledsoe scored 22 points to go along with six assists and seven rebounds.
- Reserves lead Suns to season-ending win over Kings: By The Numbers
- Suns general manager Ryan McDonough: 'We'd like to have' Channing Frye back next season
- Phoenix Suns GM: It would be a waste of time for another team to pursue Eric Bledsoe
- If you dislike Robert Sarver, don't read this!
- Robert Sarver reflects on his 10 years at the helm of the Phoenix Suns
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday April 16Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the team missing the playoffs.
- The DISH - April 16, 2014 - Wednesday April 16Jon Bloom gives us The Day in Suns' History.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 15Dan goes off on the Suns missing the playoffs.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday April 15Why were the Suns able to surpass early season expectations?
- The DISH - April 14, 2014 - Monday April 14Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns History.